1. Bradford - my Paternal line through my father and Paternal grandfather - pretty much a dead end now.
Foster - my Paternal grandfather's Maternal line (Clara Mae Foster married Glen James Bradford)
Long - my Paternal grandfather's Maternal grandfather's line - from Germany (Martha Long married J M Foster)
James - (Caroline James married Meriweather Foster and were grandparents to J M Foster)
3. Graham - my Paternal grandmother's Paternal line - my great great grandfather was raised by his step-father looking for info on his birth father - first name unknown surname Graham.
Rice - my Patneral grandmother's Maternal line (Emma Irene Rice married Harper Harlis Graham)
Blankenbeckler - (Electa Virgina Blankenbeckler married William Jackson Rice - parents of Emma I Rice)
4. McKinsey - my Maternal line through my mother and Maternal grandfather - Who is Charles William McKinsey / MacKenzie / Mckenzie 's parents?
Carney - Paternal line of my Paternal granfather's mother (Mary (Carney) McKinsey)
Dunlap - (Althea Winnie Dunlap married John L McKinsey.) Winnie was in a mental hospital according to my mother and her mother(Winnie's granddaughter-in-law) as was Winnie's son Lemmie and Winnie's mother Susan. Knowing why would be why or anything that would lead to the answers I seek.
5. Culepper - my Maternal line through my mother and my Maternal grandmother
Heath - (Erma Lee Heath married John Hudson Culpepper)
Mayo - (Sarah "Sallie" Mayo married Lee Heath - grandparents of Erma L Heath)
I would like to know more about the German Long family like where in Germany they were from.
I would like to know who Lee Heath's parents were (I do have a led but a peek at his death certificate would help confirm or rule it out).
Mostly I'd like to find more on McKinsey family for myself and for my mother. The family story my great uncle told me last year was that his grandfather John L McKinsey who my great uncle said he'd only met once. John had told his grandson that the McKinsey family had come to American from Ireland on a potato boat. As John is dead and the McKinsey (and Culpepper) family does not share information as freely as the Graham and Bradford families do I do not know when or if I will get more information from my still living relatives on this matter. I have considered asking for DNA samples but they are bit expensive at this time for me and I doubt the part of the family samples would be most useful from would like to help out much.
I was lucky that the Culpeppers are recorded on a website which informed me that my Culpeppers are only Culpeppers because a step-son took his step-father's surname due to being raised by him from infancy/very young age.
It never ends.
There are many more surnames I could add to this list as I have over a thousand people in my tree but these surnames are the most important and soem related ones of some interest to me.
If you have these surnames and want to know if we're related leave a comment.
No comments:
Post a Comment